The Kinderbike was designed in 2001 in Lenggries, Germany by Heinz Petzold for his grandson, Luke. The Laufrad ("run bike") was then introduced to the United States in 2005, the first of its kind in the US.
Kinderbikes have taught hundreds of thousands of children to balance, building their coordination and confidence.
2015 Kinderbike Laufrad Trainer Features:
- Lightweight aluminum alloy frame, weighs only 8.5 pounds.
- Adjustable handlebars allows you to raise them as the rider grows taller and move them forward to back for a custom fit for your child.
- Height and angle adjustable and padded saddle seat grows from 13 inches to 22.5 inches tall with the snap of a quick-release. Extended seat post INCLUDED.
- Rugged-tread, all-terrain pneumatic aluminum wheels are great for traction on-road and off-road.
- Aluminum frame, rims, handlebar, quill, quick-release, brake arms, brake lever, and seat post.
- 1" steel threaded headset (no plastic here!) helps little ones smoothly steer.
- Linear-pull rear V-brake included and installed.
- Reflector and bell INCLUDED.
- Certified lead-free powder coat finish is long lasting and durable.
- LIFETIME warranty on frame and 1 year warranty on original parts: best warranty in the balance bike industry.
- Certified compliant - ASTM F963, HR4040, Prop 65, CPSIA, CE, EN71
Kinderbike Laufrad Trainer Awards:
For further information, download the Kinderbike manual.
For a shorter Kinderbike designed for children ages 18 months to 4, see the Kinderbike Mini Trainer or the Kinderbike E Series.