Rugged Cub bike trailer for kids is built for heavy duty use in harsh conditions. It features a double-walled, molded bottom for extra durability and an adjustable suspension system to ensure a smooth, quiet ride on any road. Spring Integrated Technology ( S.I.T.™) seating prevents tangled straps and simplifies getting your children in and out of the trailer. The Cub has all-kit compatibility for optional conversions from bike trailer to a stroller, jogger or sled. Share your love for the outdoors with your kids in the Burley Cub.
- Hard plastic bottom provides added durability with drain holes for easy cleaning
- Adjustable suspension for a smooth ride
- Bowed-out sides for extra shoulder room
- Padded Spring Integrated Technology ( S.I.T.™) Seat prevents tangled straps and simplifies getting your little one in and out of the trailer. The S.I.T. Seat is also machine washable.
- Integrated fenders
- Adjustable handlebar fits parents of any height and doubles as an additional roll bar when folded forward in biking mode
- Water resistant zippers provide extra water protection
- Compact fold flattens the trailer for easy storage and transportation
- Seat release buckles collapse seat down for easy conversion from carrying kids to hauling cargo
- Adjustable sunshade
- Adjustable seatback
- Padded reinforcement on front edge of seat
- Tinted side and rear window
- Rear window ventilation
- 20” push button wheels for quick removal
- Hub engaged parking brake
Standard Features on Every Burley Child Trailer:
- Ready To Bike: includes hitch, tow arm and safety flag
- Designed and tested to meet or exceed ASTM F1975-09 safety standards
- Flex Connector allows bike to lay flat while trailer remains upright
- Five-point harness system
- Full internal aluminum roll cage for protection in an accident
- Hammock style seat provides passive suspension for rider comfort
- Heat treated 6061-T6 aluminum frame tubes and hinges
- Included Steel Hitch
- Wheel guards for protection from unforeseen obstacles
- Side battens create structured barrier between wheels and passenger
- Water resistant 600D polyester cover and seat fabric
- Front-to-rear fold provides increased strength and stability
- Reflective materials and reflectors for visibility (front, rear and wheels)
- UV protection windows are rated UPF 30 and block 96-97.4% of UV light
- Recessed helmet pocket for extra head room
- Safety flag for visibility
- Interior pockets in both cargo area and child seating area
- Spacious rear cargo area
Riders: 1 or 2
Capacity (lb/kg): 100 / 45
Weight (lb/kg): 37 / 16.8
Interior Seated Height (in/cm): 24.5 / 62.2
Interior Shoulder Width (in/cm): 25.5 / 64.8
Interior Seat Width (in/cm): 22/55.9
Interior Seated Leg Room (in/cm): 19/ 55.3
Cargo Space (in³/liters): 3100/50.8
Wheel Size (in/cm): 20 / 51
Returns Policy: Only new, un-used products may be returned within thirty (30) days of delivery for a full refund of the net cost of the goods. The cost of expedited shipping originally paid is not refundable. Except in cases of a warranty claim or manufacturing defect, return shipping cost is the responsibility of the buyer, whether returning or exchanging. Please refrain from unpacking and/or assembling products if there is possibility of return for personal reasons. We do accept returns of very lightly used and/or assembled bikes, but all returns must be in exact new condition and shipped in the original packaging in which they were received, with proper use of protection materials originally provided. At our discretion, returned products exhibiting outdoor use or minor cosmetic defects will be assessed a restocking fee of not less than 20%. Poorly packaged returns in which there is metal to metal contact while in transit will not reach us in perfect condition!- If successful re-packaging by the buyer is not possible, a professional packing service should be hired to perform correct re-packaging.
Assembly: Our bikes have been engineered to safely perform when correctly assembled by the buyer or by a skilled bicycle technician in a bicycle shop. If buyer/recipient's technical skill is not sufficient to successfully perform assembly, the balance bike should be taken to a local bike shop for professional assembly. The cost of this service is not included in the purchase of our bikes. Most buyers successfully self-assemble bikes in 5-10 minutes and this process usually consists of attaching front wheel using a wrench, and inserting/fastening handlebars using an allen wrench. Basic assembly tools are provided with most bikes. Keep all packing/protection materials out of the reach of children and dispose of properly. Protective plastic forms are sometimes used to protect your bike from damage while in transit. If these pieces are broken it is completely normal, it means they did their job! Most packing materials and cartons are recyclable.
Break-in Period: The moving parts of our balance bikes have been lubricated and professionally set at the factory. The bearings in the wheels and frame are adjusted such that a certain amount of break-in is necessary for optimal performance. Our bikes are sometimes stored in an unheated warehouse and this causes lubricants to harden temporarily. An initial break-in period of 5-6 hours (riding time) will loosen all lubrication, and bearings will perform exactly as required. Early stiffness of wheels or other moving parts is not considered to be a defect.
Valve Stem Caps: Plastic valve stem caps are not provided on a few of our balance bike tires because they pose a choking/suction hazard to the bike recipient and to younger members of the household. Valve stem caps are not designed to retain air. For this reason and for the safety of children, they are not provided with Scoot, TooToo [and other] balance bikes. This is not a deficiency, it is for the safety of children. We strongly recommend disposing of valve caps on bikes so equipped.
Tolerances: Production of 12" bicycle wheels is very difficult due to their very small radius. (The wheel rim starts out as a straight piece of extruded metal) For this reason, it is not possible to always produce exactly round and true balance bike wheels. For balance bike wheels, a small amount of lateral dance is acceptable, does not affect performance, and is not considered to be a defect. Some of our brands (Ridgeback Scoot, Yedoo TooToo, go through a special bench prep process to inflate the tires, true the rear wheel and tune the rear brakes (if so equipped).
Legal Disclaimer: By purchasing this product, buyer/recipient/user acknowledges and agrees that cycling is an inherently dangerous sport, and assumes all risk and responsibility for any and all consequences of accidental mishaps, including injury and death. Please supervise children at all times while using this product. Children should always wear an ANSI approved helmet and wear rubber soled shoes. Avoid steeply inclined areas where excessive speed may result. Ride only in places where motor vehicles are not allowed. (sidewalks, parks, bike paths) Professional assembly, periodic service and maintenance is the responsibility of the buyer/recipient. Inspect tires, brakes and fasteners before every ride. Repair/replacement of parts exhibiting excessive wear is the buyers/recipient's responsibility.